Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Item Collector doesn't seem to be collecting

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Item Collector doesn't seem to be collecting

Hi I'm trying to collect some items that I know are missing from the DB. I walked through installing the proper items from the walkthrough, but when I launch the item collector it get stuck on the "listening on device" step:

Waiting for client...
    Client Version: 2.5.2.3
    Lore Op Code: 0x7f1c
    Link Method is: 1
    Zone Op Codes: |0x7e1a|0x2ac1|0x37fa|
    Book Op Code: 0x1ee6
    Link Op Code: 0x4a8e
    Adv Op Code: 0x43b1
    Item Ignore Op Code: 0x0
    Recipe Op Code: 0x999999
    RecipeList Op Code: 0x999990
    Mode is 1
    Autodection is 1
    Allow Item Discovery 1
    Item Preview Op Code: 0x7f1c
    Item Reward Op Code: 0x1e21
    Server Operations Completed...
    KEEPDBFILE 0
    Deleting Items.db
    ARQ CACHE IS SET TO 2048
    PROCESSZONE ITEMS IS SET TO 0
    ItemStore: items.db
    Listening on '\Device\NPF_{3C4799D9-DF39-4D42-B3CE-07047785728E} : name:wlan1 (Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz) on /192.168.1.75 /2600:1702:56ee:8a00:0:0:0:39 /2600:1702:56ee:8a00:96b1:8be9:ca17:21ad /2600:1702:56ee:8a00:c2f:91fb:f53:a51c /fe80:0:0:0:fff4:8dca:2b89:6f1d%wlan1'

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or maybe have the wrong device selected? Any thoughts on how to correct this?​

Its listening on a wireless network is that how you're connecting to the internet?

Also it will listen from when you zone in everquest.
    Last edited by Deillusional; 22-09-2024, 08:44.
    The views represented here does not necessarily reflect the views of the guild (tm).

Comment

Yes, I play on a laptop connected to wifi. I tried zoning several times and nothing seemed to happen. Do I need to do something special with an item to log it?

Comment

whats the output in errfile.txt and is there anything else after what you see.

Looks like you not got a pcap driver installed.

I recommend

Npcap is the packet capture library for Windows 10 and 11. Fast, secure, and compatible successor to WinPcap. Free to use.

The views represented here does not necessarily reflect the views of the guild (tm).

Comment

This is what my errfile.txt says
          PacketCapture: loading native library jpcap.. ok
          net.sourceforge.jpcap.capture.CaptureDeviceOpenExc eption: Error opening adapter: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect. (123)
          at net.sourceforge.jpcap.capture.PacketCapture.open(N ative Method)
          at net.sourceforge.jpcap.capture.PacketCapture.open(P acketCapture.java:63)
          at com.eqtoolbox.itemcollect.PacketCapture.initialize (PacketCapture.java:130)
          at com.eqtoolbox.itemcollect.ItemCollect.<init>(ItemC ollect.java:1177)
          at com.eqtoolbox.itemcollect.ItemCollect.main(ItemCol lect.java:812)
          Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
          at com.eqtoolbox.itemcollect.PacketCapture.setFilter( PacketCapture.java:176)
          at com.eqtoolbox.itemcollect.ItemCollect.<init>(ItemC ollect.java:1179)
          at com.eqtoolbox.itemcollect.ItemCollect.main(ItemCol lect.java:812)​

I installed the npcap you posted, I had the old wincap installed originally. Nothing shows up after it lists my connection.

Comment

can you paste your bat file?
            and tell me whats in the directory ?

It looks like its not creating a .ini file to monitor the ipaddresses

Create an ipaddreses.ini file with

[IP_FILTER]
            COUNT = 1
            USE = 1
            LOCAL_IP =
            IP_1 = 69.174

[OPTIONS]
            KEEPDBFILE = 0
            ARQCACHE = 2048
            PROCESSZONEITEMS = 0

​in it.

Comment

i updated the download to include the ini file that it should create on the fly, if you run in any options it could be an access rights issue it creates ini files to keep track of some data.

I have also attached the zip file to this forumn post.
              Attached Files

Comment

Here is the run.bat
                set USERNAME=Erod
                set DEVICE={3C4799D9-DF39-4D42-B3CE-07047785728E}
                #set DEBUG=0xFFFFFF
                set DEBUG=0x07
                java -jar ItemCollect.jar -debug %DEBUG% %DEVICE% %USERNAME%
                @pause​

I added that .ini file to the folder as well - there was another .ini file there originally that looked to be the same

Comment

try DEVICE=number instead in the bat file.

so on load u have

DEVICE=0 is interface: \Device\NPF_Loopback : name:lo (Software Loopback Interface 1) on /127.0.0.1 /0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1
                  DEVICE=1 is interface: \Device\NPF_{83CD8D34-3977-444F-92A1-1E6E7D462C3C} : name:lo (Software Loopback Interface 1) on /127.0.0.1 /0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1
                  DEVICE=2 is interface: \Device\NPF_{9408EBC0-3FD7-42F0-950D-DAD6E7820CC7} : name:lo (Software Loopback Interface 1) on /127.0.0.1 /0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1​
                  etc
                  put DEVICE=<num> of what you trying to capture.

e.g.

DEVICE=2 for the 3rd one I list there.
                  Last edited by Deillusional; 11-10-2024, 16:17.

Comment

Working...
                  X